Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University exists with the explicit objective of facilitating and promoting, in their own words, “studies, research and extension work in emerging areas of higher education with a focus on professional education.”
The University was established in 1998 by the Government of Delhi under the GGSIPU Act 1997. With the act’s amendment in 1999, the University came to be recognized by the UGC.
IPU Admission : Application Form , Last date of Admission, Eligibility Criteri
The University stands to facilitate quality education in fields of engineering, technology, management studies, medicine, pharmacy, nursing, education and law. The Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University aims to achieve excellence in the aforementioned fields along with other matters connected with them.
Vision and Objective:
The University has a vision of stimulating scholars and empowering them with the skills necessary to contribute to society at large, to foster dynamism in the students to help them adapt to the changing needs of the economy and also, to enable them to advocate for peace, prosperity and harmony.
What the University provides to its students:
On a more practical note, the University strives hard to provide market-oriented professional education to the students. It also promotes the establishment of colleges and Schools of studies as Centres of Excellence in emerging areas of education to build the capacities of students as Industry-ready professionals. IPU Admission : Application Form , Last date of Admission, Eligibility Criteri
The University is committed to providing an innovative and dynamic environment to motivate students to excel and gain knowledge through its effective quality management system.
About The Affiliated Institutes:
The University has, in a span of just 13 years, earned the best of natural accreditations, educational awards and stringent certifications:
1. UGC's recognition under Section 2 (f) and 12 (b);
2. Graded as ‘A' by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council, Bangalore;
3. ISO 9001 : 2000 first in 2008 and upgraded later to ISO 9001 : 2008 in 2009; and Recertified again in February, 2011 upto February, 2014;
4. Attaining AIU's Status of Regular Membership in November, 2008;
5. Categorization of the University by Dun & Bradstreet as ‘Decide with Confidence' in its publication titled, ‘Universities of India 2008';
6. Selected among 250 Top Educational Institutes in India for the Grand Book on Education, titled, ‘Star Brands Education 2010';
7. Selected for an International Award - ‘Platinum Technology Award for Quality and Best Trade Name' by OMAC – Association Otherways Management & Consulting, Paris, France on December 20, 2010 in Geneva, Switzerland